KCAD STUDENT INFORMATION
Kendall College Library encourages self-empowerment. For your convenience you are able to do the following activities online:
- Use the Library Catalog
- View your library account, status & current checked out items
- Renew your library materials
- Request materials from MELCAT
- Place "holds" on materials currently checked out
- Access over 190 databases providing the contents of magazines, journals
Librarians are available to assist students, faculty and staff in locating, evaluating and choosing information sources in the library collections, whether it be for intensive studio projects, research papers or just entertainment.
Please use the links below to access information about the KCAD Library collections & policies.
OFF CAMPUS ACCESS:
How do I Access Online Library Resources
This would include access to your library account, Library Databases and MelCat.
The library URL is http://libkcad.ferris.edu/
To access your Library account and databases from off campus you must authenticate.
Enter your MYFSU ID + PASSWORD
To access MELCAT:
Enter your NAME + KENDALL / FERRIS Card + PIN
Your 14 DIGIT BARCODE NUMBER ( It is located on the back of your ID Card)
EXAMPLE : 22123456789100 - Do not enter the A's
Students/Faculty/Staff prior to 2006 enter the LAST 4 DIGITS of your Social Security number.
Students/Faculty/Staff after fall 2006 enter your 6 DIGIT BIRTHDATE.
EXAMPLE: Birthday is Jan 3, 1975 ENTER: 010375
Kendall College Library communicates with KCAD Students, Faculty and Staff exclusively through your assigned KCAD-FSU email address.
The Library does not send communication to personal email addresses.
If you have difficulty with your assigned FSU email address please talk with Tech Services on the 4th floor or contact TAC- the Technology Assistance Center.
- You must present your Kendall/Ferris ID Card to check out all Library materials
- BOOKS - Books circulate for 3 WEEKS
- Books may be renewed one time for an additional 3 weeks, provided that another patron has not requested it.
- You may renew BOOKS online via your Library Account.
- You may renew books at the Library circulation desk. You do not need to have the items with you.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS have the same circulation policies as undergraduate students.
- If you are a Graduate Student and KCAD Adjunct Faculty, your classification with the Library is GRADUATE STUDENT. You will be fined and billed for overdue and unreturned materials.
- MEDIA - CDs, CD-Roms, DVDs, and Videocassettes circulate for (7) days and may not be renewed.