Michigan Electronic Library
MELCAT provides access to over 48 million items from over 180 libraries across Michigan. Available materials take 3 - 5 days to arrive via delivery to the KCAD Library. Please ask a Librarian for assistance if you need help with placing requests.
MeLCat Information & Policies
- Only CURRENT KCAD Students, KCAD Faculty and Staff, and KCAD Adjunct
Faculty may request
- MeLCat materials may be picked up and must be returned to the Kendall College Library.
- MeLCat materials are checked out for (3) three weeks (unless otherwise indicated).
- MeLCat materials may be renewed for one time for a (3) week period, unless a hold has been placed on the material.
- MeLCat materials DO NOT have a grace period. Overdue MeLCat materials CAN NOT be renewed.
Requesting MelCat Materials
To request materials through MeLCat you must authenticate that you are a current KCAD Student, KCAD Faculty member or KCAD Staff.
Enter your NAME
Your 14 DIGIT BARCODE NUMBER is located on the back of your ID Card
EXAMPLE : 22123456789100 - Do not enter the A's
Students/Faculty/Staff prior to 2006 enter the LAST 4 DIGITS of your Social Security number.
Students/Faculty/Staff after fall 2006 enter your 6 DIGIT BIRTHDATE.
EXAMPLE: Birthday is Jan 3, 1975 ENTER: 010375
- Overdue MeLCat materials accrue a fine of $1.00 per item, per
Fines will accrue up to $30.00 (30 days overdue).
- On day 31, the patron will be billed for the following:
- $30.00 maxiumum overdue fine - NON-REFUNDABLE + $100.00 item replacement cost