Library Resources for KCAD Faculty
Kendall College Library encourages self-empowerment. For your convenience you are able to do the following activities online:
- Use the Library Catalog
- View your library account, status & current checked out items
- Renew your library materials
- Request materials from MELCAT
- Place "holds" on materials currently checked out
- Access over 190 databases providing the contents of magazines, journals
For ease and equitable use, faculty may place materials on reserve in the library.
*You may place both personal materials and KCAD Library materials on reserve.
*Please allow (3) business days for materials to be processed for use.
Faculty are welcome to request library instruction for their classes through out the school semester. We recommend instruction sessions tailored to guide students to resources to help them complete specific assignments, papers or projects.
*Filling out the request form is the initial step to set up an instruction session.
*The instruction librarian will contact you to confirm and finalize the scheduled session.
*Instruction sessions must be requested at least (5) days in advance, allowing the librarian to prepare for the session.
If you have questions please contact Elise Brown - (616)-451-2787 ext. 1123
Librarians are available to assist students, faculty and staff in locating, evaluating and choosing information sources in the library collections, whether it be for intensive studio projects, research papers or just entertainment.
A limited number of slide projectors and combination TV/VCR/DVD carts are available for faculty to reserve for in-class use. Equipment is available on a first come first serve basis. Faculty can call or come to the library to reserve Audio-Visual equipment.
Laptops and digital projectors are NOT available through the Library.
Please see Tech Services on the 4th floor.
MeLCat now has over 380 participating libraries. We recommend using MeLCatto request materials not held in the Kendall College Library. For assistance, ask at the circulation desk.
Please talk with a librarian about getting materials not available through MeLCat.
Kendall College Library communicates with KCAD Students, Faculty and Staff exclusively through your assigned KCAD-FSU email address.
The Library does not send communication to personal email addresses.
If you have difficulty with your assigned FSU email address
please talk with Tech Services on the 4th floor or contact TAC- the Technology Assistance Center.
Please use the links below to access information about the KCAD Library collections & policies.
OFF CAMPUS ACCESS:
How do I Access Online Library Resources
This would include access to your library account, Library Databases and MelCat.
The library URL is http://libkcad.ferris.edu/
To access your Library account and databases from off campus you must authenticate.
Enter your MYFSU ID + PASSWORD
To access MELCAT:
Enter your NAME + KENDALL / FERRIS Card + PIN
Your 14 DIGIT BARCODE NUMBER ( It is located on the back of your ID Card)
EXAMPLE : 22123456789100 - Do not enter the A's
Students/Faculty/Staff prior to 2006 enter the LAST 4 DIGITS of your Social Security number.
Students/Faculty/Staff after fall 2006 enter your 6 DIGIT BIRTHDATE.
EXAMPLE: Birthday is Jan 3, 1975 ENTER: 010375
- Pleaset present your Kendall/Ferris ID Card to check out all Library materials
- BOOKS - Books circulate for a SEMESTER LOAN.
- When a book is requested and a HOLD placed by another patron, the loan period is reduced to (3) weeks.
- You will receive an EMAIL. Please return recalled material ASAP.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS have the same circulation policies as undergraduate students.
- If you are a Graduate Student and KCAD Adjunct Faculty, your classification with the Library is GRADUATE STUDENT. You will be fined and billed for overdue and unreturned materials.
- MEDIA - CDs, CD-Roms, DVDs, and Videocassettes circulate for (7) days and may not be renewed.
KENDALL COLLEGE LIBRARIANS
Michael Kruzich, MILS
616-451-2787 Ext. 1122
Diane Dustin, AMLS, LEED-AP
Technical Services & Access Librarian
616-451-2787 Ext. 1126
Elise Brown, MSIS
Reference & Instruction Librarian
616-451-2787 Ext. 1123